Learn – Integrate – Thrive
Alexander Technique is the thinking person’s answer to improvement in functioning, including pain relief, well-being, and optimal performance.
Movement Pattern Analysis reveals your brain’s unique preferences for decision-making and interacting with others so that you can maximize your potential.
ALL OFFERINGS CURRENTLY ONLINE
Find a class that works for you in the list below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request privates, workshops, or classes on different topics.
Enter your email on the right to receive announcements and resources.
MONDAYS MIDDAY: Ongoing, Register Monthly
NEW NAME – SAME TIME! Alexander Technique Body Wisdom: Join Amanda for self-care and community. We will use elements from traditional and Primal Alexander to practice tools and tips for self-care, including how to deal with anxiety, aches & pains, and Zoom fatigue.
- Mondays for one hour
- 6:30 pm Berlin / 5:30 pm London / 1:30 pm Atlantic
- 12:30 pm Eastern / 11:30 am Central /
- 10:30 am Mountain / 9:30 am Pacific
- Pay-What-You-Can (Suggested $20 per session)
Click HERE to register for January: this registration covers one drop-in or the whole month of December
MONDAYS EARLY EVENING / LATE AFTERNOON: 8-Week Series
New Year’s Resolution: Tune-Up Your Workout
Do you need help building a fitness program you can actually maintain? Movement and breathing fundamentals that are about how you feel on the outside, not how you look on the outside? If you often need modifications or feel like typical fitness classes move too fast, this is for you!
Taught by Amanda MacDonald and Sarah Mayhan.
- 8 weeks on Mondays, Jan 4 – Feb 22, for 75 minutes
- 6pm pm Eastern / 5pm pm Central / 4pm pm Mountain / 3pm pm Pacific
- Pay-What-You-Can (suggested $120-$240 for the series)
Click HERE to register for the 8-week series
TUESDAY EVENINGS: Register Monthly / New Theme Each Month
NEW TIME: Deepen your Practice: Alexander Technique for Yoga
Don’t just add yoga to your to-do list. Let your practice support your life. Each week we’ll apply Alexander Technique thinking to our Yoga Practice – approaching the mat intelligently to maximize the benefits, including:
- relieve excessive muscle tension
- Improve balance, mobility, and flexibility
- calm your nervous system
- heighten your sensitivity
- adapt yoga to your individual structure and patterns
JANUARY THEME OF THE MONTH: MEETING THE MAT
Every part of your body that touches the mat needs to transfer the weight of the body, open to the support of the earth, and balance. We’ll spend the month exploring what it is to feel grounded and light, and how to take care of fingers and toes, ankles and wrists, elbows and knees.
Classes are recorded, so if you are not able to attend, you can practice along with the recording.
- Tuesday evenings in January, 90 minutes
- 8:00pm Eastern/7:00pm Central/6:00pm Mountain/5:00pm Pacific
- Pay-What-You-Can (Suggested $60 – $150)
- Taught by Amanda MacDonald and Sarah Mayhan
- All experience levels welcome.
Taught by Amanda MacDonald and Sarah Mayhan.
Click HERE to register for January: Meeting the Mat
WEDNESDAYS MID-DAY: Ongoing, Register Weekly
Take-A-Break: Are you a performing artist who gets sleepy and stiff sitting in front of a computer? Are you an artist-at-heart looking for ways to boost your creativity? Come Take a Break to reconnect with yourself, refresh your spirit, and reinvigorate your inner wisdom.
Each week we begin with a brief reading, followed by the BrainDance movement series and Primal Alexander Technique Etudes. Afterwards you’ll take your centered, calm, energized focus into the rest of your day.
- Wednesdays for 30 minutes, Drop-in
- 2 pm Eastern / 1 pm Central / 12 pm Mountain / 11 am Pacific
- 7 pm London / 8 pm Berlin
- Pay What You Can (Suggested $5-$12 per session)
Click HERE to register
FRIDAY AFTERNOONS Ongoing, Register Monthly
NEW LATER TIME Alexander Technique Reading Group: Join Amanda MacDonald and Senior teacher Beret Arcaya for reading, conversation, and community.
Each Friday we read together from F.M. Alexander’s books and discuss how his words have meaning for us today. We are currently reading “Conscious Constructive Control of the Individual.”
NO BOOK NECESSARY. Excerpts will be read out loud as part of the gathering.
Register for the month, drop in when you can. One registration includes Friday live gatherings, access to recordings, PLUS membership in our private Facebook group.
- Fridays, one hour, drop in or attend for the whole month
- 10:30pm Berlin / 9:30pm London / 5:30pm Halifax
- 4:30pm Eastern / 3:30pm Central / 2:30pm Mountain / 1:30pm Pacific
- Pay-What-You-Can (Suggested $30-$90 per month)
Click HERE to register for the month of January
BY REQUEST: Workshops, Private Lessons, and Consultations – Email Amanda Today at email@example.com!
- Managing Zoom Fatigue
- Anxiety Busters
- Your Computer, Your Chair, and You: Setting up a Supportive Work Space
- Uncover Your Unique Decision Making and Interaction Style
- You are the Source of Your Own Success